This regional regulation makes provision for the prevention and eradication of immoral practices, which it defines in art 2(2) as:
- adultery and conduct heading in the direction of adultery;
- selling and drinking alcohol, and using narcotics and prohibited drugs; and
- all forms of broadcasting and display of pornoaction and pornography.
The regulation states that the prevention and eradication of immoral practices is intended to:
- implement the principle and philosophy of 'Adat Basandi Syarak, Syarak Basandi Kitabullah' ('custom found upon Islamic law, Islamic law found upon the Qur'an');
- protect society from various activities and/or immoral behaviour;
- support optimal law enforcement of legislative instruments related to activities and/or immoral behaviour; and
- increase the role of society in preventing and eradicating the occurrence and spread of immoral behaviour.